the creative way
Creative Child Care, Inc. is a highly rated early educational child care provider that is proud to be locally owned and operated and to be a viable company in central Ohio. We utilize developmentally appropriate practices and age appropriate curriculum that will ensure school readiness for all children in our care. We provide a safe, nurturing environment for children to develop and learn and regular communication with the family to ensure the best situation for the child. Our expertise and participation in the Early Childhood Education community and our knowledge of the Central Ohio Business Community makes us an asset to every child and parent we serve.
Creating a Future for Your Child
We offer families:
- Centers that are fully licensed by the state of Ohio and have security coded entrances and cameras in each classroom.
- Centers that are also highly rated through Step-Up-To-Quality. This means that children enrolled at our centers participate in a learning and development program whose level of quality exceeds Ohio’s child care licensing standards.
- Degreed & Experienced Directors and Teachers whose credentials are supplemented with ongoing staff training, continuing education, and membership in national professional organizations for early childhood educators.
- Comprehensive, research based academic and social-emotional curriculum that align with state standards for toddlers, preschool students, and infants (infant care available at our East and North locations)
- Developmentally appropriate activities including art, music, dramatic and free play, reading readiness, math concepts, computer training, science, and social skills.
- Child-centered facilities with spacious classrooms, where furniture and equipment have been designed for young children and chosen to facilitate independence and self-reliance.
- Outdoor playground equipment that stimulates imaginative and creative play and are designed for the recreational needs of young children.
- Nutritional breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks are planned and prepared per USDA and Healthy Children, Healthy Weights approved standards. Meals are served family style and teachers sit with children while encouraging conversations.
- Competitive tuition rates and we accept publicly funded child care assistance
- The administrators and teachers have higher education qualifications. These qualifications benefit your child’s development and learning.
- The administrators and teachers complete 20 or more hours of specialized training every two years. The administrators and teaching staff are committed to expanding their knowledge and skills to better support your child’s development and learning.
- Teachers develop lesson plans that support each child’s growth. Teachers plan intentional and purposeful activities and experiences that meet the needs, interests and abilities of children and supports them where they are in their development.
- The program completes assessments to evaluate and improve the learning experience. Regular assessments are done with your child to help keep track of their growth over time. This lets teachers adjust how they offer experiences to your child daily.
- The program builds relationships with families. Teachers and families work together to create goals for your child and share information about your child’s progress. We offer events to involve families in their child’s learning and development.
Creating Partnerships with Parents
- An open-door policy encouraging your participation and observation on a planned or unplanned basis at any time.
- Daily contact with your child’s teachers.
- Teacher conferences held twice a year and annual open houses.
- Newsletters, fliers, and bulletin board announcements about our activities.
- Advice and counsel, whenever welcomed, based on our staff’s professional training and experience working with your child. Referrals to community intervention services are also available.
- Any interaction which help us work as a team to address your child’s total development, increase his or her security away from home, and supplement the care he or she receives from the family.
Creating Security Through Structure
Creating a Positive Approach
- Managing the Physical Environment
- Using Positive Reinforcement
- Providing Choices
- Problem Solving
- Ensuring Safety
Creating Well Rounded Children
Creative Curriculum® goes by the child’s interest meaning the children learn through play. Play and investigation are central to our program as how cognitive learning, socialization and creativity develops. Children are given the opportunity to make choices, express ideas and theories, and act upon their understandings within a well-defined learning environment. Within each classroom, a variety of materials and media are available for the children to graphically represent their knowledge and understanding and express their ideas. It is the teacher’s responsibility to acknowledge the children’s interest and create lesson plans that meet Ohio Early Learning standards and to develop individual child goals to support skill progression towards mastery.
Creative Curriculum® is the foundation for the learning experience, and children can explore at their own pace in areas that interest them.